- About Us
- Explore Our Center
- News & Events
- Contact Us
Connect with Pyramid Plus
Sign up for our Newsletter
Like Us on Facebook
For Your Information...
Chairman Ben S. Bernanke on Early Childhood Education
At the Children’s Defense Fund National Conference, Cincinnati, Ohio
July 24, 2012
Dr. Phil Strain talks about recent research findings on inclusion of young children with autism with their typically developing peers.
TACSEI's Demonstration Programs
Take a sneak peek at the video below to see how TACSEI programs are implementing the Pyramid Model and be sure to visit the TACSEI website to learn more!
Welcome to Pyramid Plus!
The Pyramid Plus Center works to improve the social and emotional competence and inclusion of young children through the Pyramid Plus Approach: embedded inclusion practices along the entire developmental continuum (Birth – 5 years) within the Pyramid Model framework. This approach builds on the work of the Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning (CSEFEL), the Technical Assistance Center on Social Emotional Interventions (TACSEI), and the SpecialQuest Approach and materials.
The goal of the Pyramid Plus Center is to increase of these evidence-based, early childhood social emotional and inclusive practices in early care and education settings, including family child care and in-home providers.
Registration is now open for the 2015 National Training Institute for Addressing Challenging Behavior. Click on the image to the right for additional information.
- Date: April 21-24, 2015
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
Check Out These New Testimonials From Two of Our Partner Sites
Sharon Perry is the lead Infant teacher at Prime Time Early Learning Center in Norwood, Colorado, which is a Certified Pyramid Plus Demonstration Site. Sharon shares her experience with being introduced to the Pyramid Model and how it has impacted her practice as a teacher.
Sarah Pringle is preschool teacher at Bal Swan Children’s Center in Broomfield, Colorado, which is a Certified Pyramid Plus Demonstration Site. Sarah describes how before learning the Pyramid Plus Approach she struggled to deal effectively with challenging behavior, but now she feels far more comfortable and competent.
- Preschool expulsions and the events leading up to them are worrisome for several reasons. For parents and providers, they are stressful, time-consuming, and potentially expensive. For children, expulsions can delay needed mental health services, threaten continuity of care and hinder positive social-emotional development. Read more about preschool expulsions in the recent articles below:
New push to quantify, prevent preschool expulsions in Colorado: Preschoolers more likely to be expelled than K-12 students by Ann Schimke on February 19, 2015 (Chalkbeat Colorado)
What Could Make Less Sense than Expelling a Preschooler? By Walter S. Gilliam, PhD (Director of The Edward Zigler in Child Development and Social Policy, Yale University)
- The 2014 Pyramid Plus Annual Report is now available! Click on one of the links below to read about what the Pyramid Plus Center has done since it's inception in 2009.
- NEW Preschool Inclusion Resources! Click on the links below to view these brief, informative resources from Dr. Barbara Smith, Dr. Phil Strain and Dr. Erin Barton. For more resources for Administrators, see our Resource Page for Families, Providers, and Administrators.
- Fact Sheet of Research on Preschool Inclusion - Created by Dr. Erin Barton and Dr. Barbara Smith in 2014, this handout presents a list of 11 evidence-based facts that support inclusive practices in the preschool.
- BRIEF Fact Sheet of Research on Preschool Inclusion - One page version of the above resource
- Inclusion for Preschool Children with Disabilities: What We Know and Should Be Doing - Dr. Phil Strain
- IDEA Provisions Supporting Preschool Inclusion - Created by Dr. Barbara Smith, this handout briefly outlines provisions in IDEA that support inclusive practices in the preschool.
- Gunnison County, one of the Pyramid Plus Implementation Communities, just got profiled for expanding the use of the Pyramid Plus Approach in their district. Click on the link below to read the article!
- The first Pyramid Plus Beyond the Basics Conference was a success with over 125 early childhood professionals in attendance from around the state of Colorado. Thanks to our wonderful presenters and sponsors for making this event possible!
Dr. Phil Strain delivers a keynote on Inclusion Thursday morning, May 15th in the Hyatt Place Cherry Creek Ballroom
- Interested in learning new ways to address the needs of infants and toddlers with Autism? Check out the NEW Infant Toddler Autism Certificate at UCDenver!
Click HERE for information about the Infant Toddler Autism Certificate at UCDenver.
- Check out our NEW Webinar Page! Webinars just posted include the NEW Community Perceptions of Inclusive Practices (CPIP) Webinar and our 2012-2013 Demonstration Site Webinar Series.
- The 2013 Pyramid Plus Annual Report is here! Click here to see what we have been up to for the past year. For a map of our work across Colorado, click here!
- Need to hire a Certified Coach or Trainer for your program or community? Check out our new Find a Coach/Trainer page!
- Learn how Bal Swan, a Pyramid Plus site in Broomfield, is implementing the Pyramid Plus approach in their school. Watch videos...