- About Us
- Explore Our Center
- News & Events
- Contact Us
Connect with Pyramid Plus
Sign up for our Newsletter
Like Us on Facebook
For Your Information...
Chairman Ben S. Bernanke on Early Childhood Education
At the Children’s Defense Fund National Conference, Cincinnati, Ohio
July 24, 2012
Dr. Phil Strain talks about recent research findings on inclusion of young children with autism with their typically developing peers.
TACSEI's Demonstration Programs
Take a sneak peek at the video below to see how TACSEI programs are implementing the Pyramid Model and be sure to visit the TACSEI website to learn more!
Welcome to Pyramid Plus!
The Pyramid Plus Center works to improve the social and emotional competence and inclusion of young children through the Pyramid Plus Approach: embedded inclusion practices along the entire developmental continuum (Birth – 5 years) within the Pyramid Model framework. This approach builds on the work of the Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning (CSEFEL), the Technical Assistance Center on Social Emotional Interventions (TACSEI), and the SpecialQuest Approach and materials.
The goal of the Pyramid Plus Center is to increase of these evidence-based, early childhood social emotional and inclusive practices in early care and education settings, including family child care and in-home providers.
When: April 23-25, 2014
Where: St. Petersburg, Florida
What: The National Training Institute on Effective Practices aims to provide professionals with an in depth, intensive learning experience around the Pyramid Model framework for addressing the social and emotional development and challenging behavior of young children.
The Pyramid Plus 2013 Annual Report is Here!
- Click here to view the 2013 Pyramid Plus Annual Report.
- Click here to view the 2013 Pyramid Plus Annual Report Executive Summary.
Applications are Now Being Accepted for Implementation Community Partners
Application Deadline: March 4th, 2014
Selected Communities Notified: April 4th, 2014
- For more information, download the implementation community application.
Interested in Becoming a Pyramid Plus Certified Coach and/or Trainer?
Certification Candidate Application Deadline: May 20th, 2014
Required Certification Institute Dates: July 14-17th, 2014
The Pyramid Plus Center’s Trainer and Coach Certification is one of the Center’s scale-up and sustainability initiatives. Pyramid Plus Certification brings its value of building local capacity to reality. The certification process ensures that Colorado has the capacity to train and coach the Pyramid Plus Approach content and practices with fidelity and over time (sustainability).
For more information, go to our Trainer and Coach Certification page!
- Pyramid Plus Certified Demonstration Sites will be hosting quarterly webinars! Each webinar will be hosted by one Demo Site. The content will be related to the site strengths and essential information for implementing program wide. See the Trainings and Events page for more information...
- Norwood Programs Webinar Held--Let the Good Times Roll: Rolling Out the Approach with Families hosted by Norwood / Primetime Early Childhood Center on October 8, 2012. Watch webinar recording now...
- Grant to help extend statewide reach of CU Denver’s Pyramid Plus. Read the full article...
- Autism work by Strain and Bovey hailed as ‘significant progress’. Read the full article...
- The Pyramid Plus 2011 Annual Report is now available! Read the report...
- Read about Barbara Smith and Phil Strain's recent visit to Norwood, a Pyramid Plus demonstration site, in the Telluride Daily Planet. Read the full article...
- Learn how Bal Swan, a Pyramid Plus site in Broomfield, is implementing the Pyramid Plus approach in their school. Watch videos...
- Director of Pyramid Plus Demonstration Site Named Qualistar’s Early Childhood Education Professional Award Recipient. Read the full article...
- Pyramid Plus Certified Coaches, Mia Wilson and Eva Jankovsky, and Kids First (Resource & Referral) Director, Shirley Ritter from Pitkin County and Aspen/Snowmass were featured on a local television show, Connecting Community (cgtv 11). The team shares their efforts in promoting the Pyramid Plus approach throughout their region. Click here to download and watch this wonderful video!
- Pyramid Plus is profiled in the University of Colorado Denver EDition (Fall, 2011, Page 6)
- Pyramid Plus is proud to announce the completion of the certification process for several Trainers and Coaches! Please visit our Trainers and Coaches page to see the complete list.
- Check out the latest resources from the Center for Early Childhood Mental Health Consultation.
- LEAP celebrates its 30th year as a model for early intervention for young children with autism spectrum disorder. Read the full article...