The goal of the Pyramid Plus Center is to promote the social and emotional development and inclusion of all children, birth through five, through a collaborative professional development system that fosters and sustains the state-wide, high-fidelity use of the Pyramid Model, SpecialQuest approach, and other related evidenced-based practices integrated with relevant Colorado efforts.
- The content of our TA efforts must be based on the best available evidence and be affordable, feasible, acceptable and effective across diverse populations of children, families, communities and programs, including typical early childhood settings;
- The outcomes of TA efforts must be valued by families as well as by the community at large;
- Our work must be collaborative, building on and embedding with the work of others;
- Families, community leaders and program personnel play a vital role in the design, implementation and evaluation of the Center’s efforts; and,
- Practices intended to improve social, emotional, and behavioral development and promote inclusion are designed primarily to enhance competencies rather than remediate problems of children, families, and personnel.